Rimac Automobili has designed the Concept_One to be an exclusive supercar with electric motors. The autobuilder claims that this hand-made vehicle is crafted with the best available high-tech materials and components. Rimac engineers wanted to get as much power and energy as possible and still keep the package small, light and efficient.
The Rimac Concept_One delivers an impressive driving dynamics due to the independent drive system and low mounted batteries. The car`s architecture is developed from scratch, around the powertrain and battery-pack. A new permanent magnet synchronous motor generation has been developed exclusively for the Concept_One. Thanks to this innovation, the Concept_One features efficiency, extremely fast response, wide power band, compact size, regenerative braking, high torque.
The powertrain is divided into four sub-systems, each including one motor, inverter and reduction gearbox. Each of those systems drives one wheel, completely independent one from the other. The Rimac engineers have created a new architecture that controls each wheel separately, hundreds of times per second, in both directions is a huge advantage compared to traditional sportscars.
The Rimac Concept_One boasts 1088 HP and reaches 100 km/h (0-62 mph) from standstill in 2.8 seconds. The maximum speed is over 300 km/h.
• Power output: 1088 hp
• Torque: 1600 Nm from 0 to 6500 rpm
• Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 2,8 seconds
• Range: up to 600 km (realistic range – 500 km)
• Braking distance: 31.5m (100-0 km/h)
• Lateral g-force: 1.4 g
• Efficiency: 140-550 Wh/km
• 40 kW on-board charging
• 100 kW fast DC-charging
• Weight-to-power ratio: 1.79 kg/hp
• Weight distribution: 42% front, 58% rear
• Total length: 4548 mm
• Total width: 1997 mm
• Total height: 1198 mm
• Ground clearance: Rear: 115 mm, Front: 105 mm
• Wheelbase: 2750 mm.
• Dry weight: 1950 kg
• Lithium-Iron-Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry
• Configuration: 1400 cells - 200 series, 7 parallel
• Voltage: 650V nominal
• Capacity: 91 kWh
• Cooling: Freon (gas) with high-voltage heat pumps
• Milled aluminum and sheet aluminum housing
• Rimac Automobili Active Battery and Thermal Management Systems
• Several layers of redundant safety and protection systems
• Carbon fibre monocoque with integrated battery-pack
• Carbon fibre sub-frames (front and rear)
• Carbon fibre crash structure
• Front and rear suspension: Double wishbones, fully adjustable, pushrod operated.
• Electronically adjustable ride height.
• Fully machined aluminum uprights and wishbones
• Front: Rimac Automobili D-PM-OC-600 – high speed dual permanent magnet oil cooled motors, 600 kW peak, 10.000 RPM, up to 97% efficiency
• Rear: Rimac Automobili D-PM-OC-400 - high speed dual permanent magnet oil cooled motors, 400 kW peak, 10.000 RPM, up to 97% efficiency
• Dry sump lubrication
• Milled aluminum housings
• Reduction gearbox ratio: 3,5
• Rack and pinion electrically power assisted steering.
• Front brakes: Ventilated ceramic discs Ø 390 mm, 36 mm wide.
• 6-piston calipers, power-assisted.
• Rear brakes: Ventilated ceramic discs Ø 380 mm, 34 mm wide.
• 4-piston calipers, power-assisted.
• Up to 800 kW of regen-braking (adjustable)
• Front and side air-bags
• Torque Vectoring with stability function
• Safety disconnect systems in case of crash
• Multiple ECU architecture for monitoring of safety-relevant electronic systems
• Full carbon-fibre body.